I started my business in the Cape Ann, MA. area in 1993 after realizing the need for an alternative to kennels or doggy day care. Many pet owners prefer to give their pet the option of staying comfortable at home in their own familiar, safe environment when they are at work or away on vacation.
I provide individual visits to your pet in your home, on your schedule. Daily dog walks are my specialty but special customers have also included cats, birds, rabbits and turtles.
Maintaining your pet's needs and routines are of the utmost importance, and I am committed to meeting those needs. As a result, a high percentage of my business over the last 25 years has been from repeat customers and referrals. Pet owners appreciate my flexibility and reliability.
I would welcome the opportunity to provide you the best service possible. The first visit "meet and greet" is free! I am an active member of The Cape Ann Chamber of Commerce.
- "I highly recommend Debbie Walter as an incredibly attentive and responsible person and care taker for your pets. I have utilized Debbie's services for the past few years to care for my two golden retrievers. These dogs are more than pets, they have been members of my family for over 10 years. So assigning their care to someone is a task I take very seriously. Debbie is not only caring but more importantly reliable. My dogs love her completely and she is an excellent care taker. Always mindful that the "girls" need daily exercise and daily attention. Over a year ago my oldest passed from cancer. The younger dog had a difficult time being left alone. Since I travel quite a bit, I need someone who is honest, caring and trustworthy...an individual who know how to care for my pets and actually "loves" caring for my dogs! If I am ever detained I can rely on Debbie to make sure my dog is well taken care of and exercised and played with as I would do. More importantly, I absolutely trust her with my dogs and to stay in my home. I can always count on her; no matter what!" - Karen B., Rockport, MA
- "We highly recommend Debbie Walter for pet-sitting and dog walking! Debbie has been walking our dogs for over twenty years and we feel very fortunate to have found her. She is thoughtful, dependable and the dogs love her! It's hard to find such good people to care for your pets." -Peter and Anne R., Gloucester, Ma
- "Debbie Walter is an extraordinary woman. I have long been impressed by her diligence and work ethic. In the ten years that I have known her she has managed her successful pet-sitting business and two additional part-time municipal jobs. She is an exceptionally hard worker. Her above-average performance is a direct result of her hard work and strong focus. Debbie is highly respected by her co-workers for her willingness to help anyone anytime she can." - Robin D., Rockport, MA.
- "If you are looking for a compassionate care giver for your dog, then Debbie is the one for you. She took fantastic care of our dog Sam and my sister's dog, Suki. Debbie is reliable and dedicated. She was a great resource when our dogs were sick, and always went the extra mile! I highly recommend her. " - Sandy D., Beverly, MA.
- "Having Debbie come to my house to stay with my dog and two cats has given me the complete peace of mind that I needed to be able to go away worry free! All of my animals adore her and she showers them with love when she stays with them. It has been a complete win-win situation for all of us!" - Barb S., Gloucester, MA.
- "Debbie has taken care of our two cats and dog on numerous occasions. Our dog is extremely sensitive and after having bleeding ulcers due to stress when left at kennels, we needed to find a solution where someone would come and stay at our home. Debbie is awesome! She comes and stays and treats our pets as if they are her own. They adore her and we can once again go on vacation with peace of mind. She is simply the best pet sitter we have ever had!"
-Steve S., Gloucester, MA
- "We found Debbie several years ago when we first moved to Cape Ann--we are so glad we did! She requested a "meet and greet" not only for us, but to meet our cats. She is kind, compassionate, and loves what she does. We have on kitty who is very shy and hides whenever someone new comes to the house--not to mention that he won't come out for hours after we arrive home from being away. Since Debbie has been coming in, he comes out for her and is there to greet us when we get home from vacation. I credit Debbie's calm demeanor and patient ways for helping him to feel safe enough to come out.
When you go away, the last thing you want to worry about is the safety and care of your pets. Debbie truly watches out for them and always calls with questions or concerns. We particularly love her personal anecdotes of what happened during her visits--it's so much better than check boxes on a standardized form. Debbie is the best!
You won't be disappointed." - Jim and Jeana G., Rockport, MA.
- "Sometimes in life you feel lucky! I feel this way about finding Deb Walter. For nearly 16 years, she has been caring for my cat when I need to be away from home. Apache is calm when I return; his needs are met with food water and most importantly his daily medication. Debbie brushes, cuddles and pets him. She brings in the mail, alternates the lighting and at times puts the radio on for Apache. She would not hesitate to contact me if Apache needed unplanned medical attention.
Above all Deb is a peace of mind!" - Diana W., Rockport, MA.
- "Debbie provides excellent personalized care for my dog, Kasey. We both know and trust her and that makes my leaving Kasey while I am away very happy and I don't worry about her care. I always look forward to coming home and seeing how happy Kasey is." -Tom P., Rockport, MA
"Debbie Walter has cared
so well for all three of my Persian cats over the course of the last 21
years since I first moved to Rockport. I have to say that
her commitment to the wonderful care of animals is exemplary!!!
Caring for pets gives her a lot of joy and fulfillment - she
truly loves them! And the animals respond to her in kind- Debbie connects
with animals so well, my cats have always loved her visits! She is
comfortable not only feeding your pet , but also brushing them and making
sure that they feel especially companioned while you are away. She
charges very reasonable rates for her services and she gave me a
substantial discount when I was away once for a whole month. I am so
grateful that I found her for taking care of my cats! I am giving Debbie’s
business cards to all my friends and clients in town, recommending her
highly. I will continue to use Debbie’s Pet care for the rest of my pet’s
life and for all the pets I own in years to come!!!!
I hope you will try
her out!" - Carla M., Rockport, MA
- <metaname="keywords"content="Dog Walking, Cat Care, Pet Sitter, Pet Sitting, Dog care, Cat Sitting, Dog Walker, Cat Sitter, Animal Care, Dog Sitting, Pet Care">
** Debbie's In-Home Pet Care is a Member of the Cape Ann Chamber of Commerce**